Top Ten Tuesday is an awesome weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, that gives us all a chance to make lists! I love making lists, so this is right up my alley. :-)
Our topic this week is books for people who like certain books, and I picked one of my favorites – Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop. I have a feeling this is going to be harder than I think it is, but this trilogy is so fawesome that I can’t help but talk about it. I absolute adore the female leads in these books, as well as the wicked awesome magic and species. They’re completely amazing.
- The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind – there’s several strong female characters in this series, and The Sword of Truth will always be my favorite
- Chronicles of Elantra series – these have some pretty cool magic, and while the female protagonist isn’t super scary awesome, she’s funny as all get out
- Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce – girl disguised as a boy to become a knight, yes please!
- Tir Alainn trilogy, also by Anne Bishop – these bring out to same completely engrossing writing style that I love in Anne Bishop, this is my second favorite trilogy of hers
- Wyrms by Orson Scott Card – this book defies explanation, but it’s fantastic in true OSC tradition
Yeah, I’m out. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be. What recommendations do you have this week? Am I missing something for this list?