Top Ten Tuesday is an awesome weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, that gives us all a chance to make lists! I love making lists, so this is right up my alley. :-)
Our topic this week is book’s we’d recommend to fans of various authors. Say that three times fast! Anyway, since I am obsessed with Patrick Rothfuss, we’re going to talk about other awesome books that remind me of his writing. Which is an extremely tall order, because he’s one of the best world builders I’ve read in the Fantasy genre… But we’ll try!
- The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind – I’m not gonna lie, the series got a little long for me, but I absolutely adored the first several books and still consider Goodkind one of my favorite authors
- Anything by Anne Bishop – she is amazing at the world building and character building, with the addition of complete and total emotional involvement and awesome fantasy elements. <3
- Melusine by Sarah Monette – this is the start of a trilogy that I haven’t quite finished yet, but I really liked the first two books. The magical elements remind me a lot of Name of the Wind by Rothfuss
- Poison Study by Maria V Snyder – this series doesn’t have the same complexity as Rothfuss or many of the others on my list, but it’s got a lot of the academic elements, and really unique magic that I love
- The Valdemar novels by Mercedes Lackey – if you haven’t read a Mercedes Lackey fantasy novel, you are seriously missing out. And I love the Companions!!!!
I’m out of ideas, and technically this list is full of the cheating anyway, since every single item on it is part of a trilogy or series. If you’re a fantasy fan, I would highly recommend any and all of these books and authors, they’re some of my absolute favorites!